Many people think about the state of their health only at the moment when they begin to feel discomfort or pain in some of their organs.
For example, the existence of the pancreas is remembered during its inflammation, which is accompanied by nausea, bloating, and heartburn. It is the last symptom that can tell that pancreatitis is running and requires urgent intervention by the doctor.
How does the disruption of the pancreas?
This organ is an important component of the entire digestive tract and it can be said that the pancreas is key in it. Its function is the production of specific enzymes that are necessary for high-quality and complete digestion of food, as well as the production of hormones involved in carbohydrate metabolism.
Pancreatic problems, and this may begin to confirm a symptom such as heartburn during pancreatitis, can be the cause of various factors. This is not a healthy diet, with a diet clogged with fatty and fried foods, and drinking alcohol, smoking, problems with high sugar. In some cases, it is oncology or benign pancreatic tumors.
Disorders in the gland, as well as its inflammation, medicine calls pancreatitis. For this disease are characterized by such signs:
- diarrhea with pancreatitis, weakness, and associated pancreas and flatulence;
- shingles pain localized around the shoulder blades;
- bouts of vomiting, nausea and heartburn.
If the disease is started and turned into a chronic form, then the adjacent organs of the digestive tract, for example, the duodenum or the gallbladder, also join the inflammatory process.
This pathological condition can often occur as a result of heavy consumption of fatty foods and alcoholic beverages. If we talk about exacerbation, it becomes a consequence of poor adherence to a special diet.
In the normal functioning of the pancreas, the enzymes produced go to the initial section of the small intestine (duodenum). In inflammation, the enzymes are not able to be delivered to food, which requires processing, which leads to a violation of their outflow. Partially the problem can solve enzymes for the pancreas.
These substances begin to "eat" the body itself, which becomes a prerequisite for disruptions in the work of the entire tract. For this reason, heartburn is quite an adequate symptom of the development of pancreatitis.
Heartburn and its causes
Heartburn is not the main symptom of pancreatitis, but it becomes a rather unpleasant concomitant problem. It occurs for several reasons:
- iron produces substances that promote the breakdown of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. As food passes through the digestive tract, the body releases the necessary molecules and successful processing of food takes place. If for some reason there was a failure in this mechanism, the food does not receive proper preparation, which is manifested by pain, vomiting and problems with the stool. Consumed foods stagnate, sour and provoke problems in the stomach and esophagus. This leads to inflammation of these important organs and the development of heartburn;
- malfunctions in the gland can be associated with problems in the work of other organs of the gastrointestinal tract, and it can become inflamed with them. For example, exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis occurs along with inflammation of the esophageal mucosa. In addition, pancreatitis can occur with a hernia of the esophageal orifice, a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer. Each of these ailments will be accompanied by painful heartburn;
- Since the pancreas is an extremely sensitive organ, it always reacts sharply to any changes in the diet. Provided that only protein or fruit is consumed, the inflammatory process of this part of the digestive tract is practically ensured. This can be easily explained by the fact that the body does not digest a large amount of fruit, and an overabundance of protein products causes a breakdown of the organ. In addition, with an incorrect lifestyle, a whole series of events begins that provoke disturbances in the functioning of the entire digestive system. This is the cause of the onset of heartburn.
How to prevent heartburn?
In order not to suffer from painful bouts of heartburn, it is necessary to take preventive measures, for example, not to use too concentrated fruit juices, especially from those varieties that are difficult to digest: mango, banana or citrus.
Doctors recommend eating fractional, because such eating behavior will help improve the pancreas. It will be good to exclude the use of animal fats, especially in moments of exacerbation of the inflammatory process. Do not forget about diet and regular check-ups with a doctor.
If you follow these simple recommendations, then you can maximally protect yourself from troubles in the form of heartburn.